Architecture and design practices can leverage knowledge management to support changes in how people work remotely, strengthen workplace culture, and establish business resiliency.
- Date: June 23, 2020 ; 9:00am (Toronto, Canada) 2:00pm (London, England)
- Format: Online Presentation, Discussion and Question & Answer
- Intended Audience: Partners, Principals, HR and Talent Managers, Practice Managers
Jeanette Parker, Director of Knowledge Management at Diamond Schmitt Architects, will present on the key benefits of knowledge management in practice, including actionable steps to getting started.
This is an important conversation to have as we recognize that the way forward requires accepting that ways of working, communicating and sharing will not return back to what once was. Leaders need to adopt a future-focused view on managing change and strengthening their practices.
- Framework: A framework for integrating knowledge management as a capability in architecture and design practices
- People and Culture: How knowledge management systems support the onboarding and development of people and culture in remote and in-person working environments
- Business Resiliency: Common business problems architecture practices face and knowledge management’s role
- Practical Steps: Actionable advice for getting started on adopting or improving your firm’s knowledge management capabilities
Jeanette Parker has worked in the architecture industry for over 20 years as an information and knowledge management professional. Since joining the firm she has supported the architectural staff’s information needs through the development of resources, libraries and information repositories both physical and digital.
In her current role as Director of Knowledge Management, her scope includes overseeing the studio’s knowledge management initiatives and the management of the information management tools. Jeanette has been instrumental in establishing DSX, the company’s social intranet, which is an integral part of the firm’s culture of knowledge sharing.
re [ frame ] leadership series
re [ frame ] leadership series invites leaders in the architecture, engineering and design industry to discuss ways our firms can move forward and leverage disruption to strengthen our leadership and business. Events will be regular, featuring short, focused presentations, question and answer period, and opportunity to network and learn from industry peers.